Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Blog


My boyfriends parents asked him why I put my life out there on the internet.

They haven't met me, yet.

But I get the feeling they don't like me already.

Regardless, that's a great question.

Why do I put my life out there on the internet? I thought about that question for an entire day. I thought about it when I ate my breakfast, I thought about it in the shower, and I contemplated it running errands. I knew it was an important question...because I couldn't let it go. Maybe I needed to remind myself why I put my life out there on the internet.

This is what I came up with.

1. To have a voice, make people think, rile them up, let whatever happen, happen. All my life I've gotten into trouble for my big mouth. I've come to terms with it. And now I invite it. I've had another spiritual teacher tear into me because of what he thought to be inappropriate material on my blog. We had an awesome debate. I loved it. I think he enjoyed it as well.

2. To demonstrate to my clients and friends that you don't have to be holy or perfect to be a spiritual teacher. I'm so tired of these spiritual teachers that deny their dark sides and speak so called truths that they themselves don't follow.

Like Wayne Dyer. In his book "Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao" he dedicates a whole chapter to showing how it is impossible to live the Tao and be sick. Then he gets diagnosed with chronic lymphocytic leukemia.

Wtf Wayne???

Did you even write this book!?

Do as I say and not as i do?

I'm not taking away from this man's message, he has blessed the world with some wonderful books and helped thousands in the process. But when a man makes a career from selling positive thinking and acts as a role model for "sickness starts in the mind" I would expect him to be healthy.

Or at least candid about what's really going on, instead of glazing over the dark parts. I suspect very strongly that the Wayne Dyer that is presented to the public and the real Wayne Dyer are two very different people.

Like I always say, you can't bullshit your emotions. The truth is in there and if you pretend its not...eventually something will happen to expose it. Especially now, with this astrological T-square thingy that's going on.

So I try very hard to live what I teach and know to be true. Being who I am. Very far from perfect. But at least I'm honest about it.

3. Maybe, one day, I will have a really important message. Until then, this is what you get.

2 comments:

dawn said...

Hi there,

I am going through an interesting time in my life - I am trying to let go of worry and let things fall into place... Last year I was diagnosed with breast cancer and saw my world through a different lens. Fortunately, I am not cancer free and grateful to have had a great prognosis. I am not worried about it recurring because I dont feel that it will come back. Recently, I made up my mind to leave a PhD program and I had my hip replaced. So, now is the time for me to recover from hip surgery and to think about what I want in terms of a job and how it will impact family life. In a way, it is quite freeing not knowing what type of job I will move into later this year...albeit a bit nerve wracking at times as well since I am inately a planner! I think that this lesson in life has taught me to sit and breathe and place a halt on incessant planning...so easy to get caught up in it!

Dawn

dawn said...

Hi again,

I need to amend my previous comment - I am cancer free!!!

Dawn